Who is an international lawyer ?
Lawyers dealing in international legal matters are the lawyers who specialize in the legal matters where the laws of one or more countries come into picture. These lawyers are found to be working for the governments, companies or the law firms. Precisely the lawyer dealing with international laws and international matters handle and resolve the disputes having an international dimension to it.
What are the situations in which an individual has to seek the assistance from a lawyer handling the law suits concerned with the international legal matters?
There are many situations in which an individual is forced to seek the help from a lawyer handling the cases related with international law issues. Let us discuss few of such situations.
- Individuals who get entrapped in the disputes that have an international dimension must look out for the services of a lawyer dealing in international law matters
- Individuals who get trapped in the legal disputes over the international trade relations must employ a lawyer dealing in international law matters in order to resolve their disputes related to the international trade relations and seek a good amount of compensation for the individuals
- Individuals who are carrying out international business deals and international business transactions with their co-partners in other countries must seek legal advice and assistance from a lawyer handling international law suits when there is break in the business deal with the partner who is from another country
- Individuals should seek the help from the lawyer dealing in international law issues when there are unfair practices and artificial (unlawful) competition created by group of individuals from other countries while carrying out the business deals at the international level
- Individuals who are working from home for their foreign clients and whose money is not deposited in the bank by their clients, who are outsourcing their work from other country should seek the legal support, legal advice and legal help from the lawyers who deal with the international legal matters
Educational qualifications required by the lawyer to practice international laws in the international court of justice
- It is required to achieve a four year bachelor degree in any discipline for an individual to be eligible for appearing for the Law School Admission Test(LSAT)
- After clearing the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) with required scores for passing, an individual can get admitted to any law school that is recognized by American Bar Association.
- After doing the graduation in law from a particular state the law graduate must clear the state bar exam in order to get a license to practice international law in the law court of that particular state
- In order to practice international law at the international courts of justice the law graduates must have done specialization in the subjects like international laws, human rights, international relations, international regulations and international labor laws in the course of law graduation
- Before practicing as a lawyer dealing in international laws it is an added advantage for the law graduate to have worked as a legal intern during the course of his/her law graduation
Skills required for a lawyer to argue the cases in the international court of justice that are related with the international issues
- Lawyers who want to argue the international issues in the international courts of law must have good hold over matters of international arbitrations and international law relations
- Lawyers who want to deal in the international laws in the international tribunals must have good knowledge of the legal international jurisdiction that governs each country
- Lawyers dealing in the international legal issues must possess good knowledge of immigration laws, civil laws, criminal laws and international legal agreements
Job description of the lawyers handling the international issues and international matters
- Lawyers handling the international law cases handle the law suits that are related with the disputes over international legal agreements, international (business)transactions and international treaties which are signed by the governments of different countries but the terms and conditions are not fulfilled or satisfied in a specific period or are violated by either party
- If one of the governments sues other government for violation of its patent rights or intellectual property rights then both the governments appoint the lawyers who deal with the international copyrights laws or the trademark laws
- Lawyers dealing with international matters help their clients to file international law suits in the international court of justice
- Lawyers handling the international law matters handle the law suits that include practical and legal relationships between two or more nations
- Lawyers dealing in international legal activities regulate the international trade issues and argue over the violation of the human rights in different parts of the world in the international law courts
- Lawyers handling the international legal suits represent their clients in the international courts over the disputes that involve business transactions between the two clients belonging to different countries
Importance of the lawyer dealing in the international legal issues
Lawyers dealing in international legal matters are in great demand now-a-days due to different legal issues arising due to globalization. Even a country with a head who is not democratically elected invade other country then in order to punish such a head of the state or a country the legal help and the legal assistance of the lawyer dealing in international law cases is needed. This head of the state is tried by the lawyer dealing in international law cases in the international court of law or international court of justice (particularly in Hague in Netherlands where the headquarters of the international Court of Justice is based).Even the law cases pertaining to the violations of borders by either of the neighboring countries, a cross-border terrorist activities carried out by either of the neighboring countries or the cases of infiltration across the borders are dealt by the lawyers handling the international law suits.
Finally one can conclude that the career as an international lawyer is a growing career which has a bright future in this fast growing age of the development of sophisticated technology and modernization.